The results seem to be in … researchers are turning their attention to this herb and, so far, they’re finding there’s lots to like. And just as CBD has helped humans, your dog can reap the same health-boosting (and even life-saving) benefits.
Let’s look at the 10 things you might not know about this often misunderstood herb and the research that shows its promise in helping dogs with a variety of common health issues …
1. CBD Is Not Psychoactive
CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound found in cannabis and hemp. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) can also be found in cannabis and it’s this compound that gives marijuana its psychoactive properties. Most CBD oils are just that … the beneficial CBD without the THC. And they typically come from hemp, not marijuana. In short, your dog won’t get “high” from CBD oil … he’ll get the relaxation without the intoxication.
And speaking of relaxation …
2. CBD Oil Reduces Anxiety
Does your dog suffer from separation anxiety or noise phobias? CBD has been extensively studied for its effect on stress and anxiety. In humans, it’s been found to:
- Reduce anxiety caused by public speaking
- Reduce anxiety in both healthy people and people with anxiety disorders
- Be effective for panic disorders and post-traumatic stress disorders
3. CBD Can Fights Cancer
- CBD helps the immune system’s killer cells to cause cancer cell death.
- CBD kills cancer cells by blocking their ability to produce energy.
- CBD’s anti-tumor properties slow and inhibit glioma cell growth.
- CBD can help increase the efficacy of conventional cancer treatment.